On Thursday we went to the doctor for a follow up, and I was dilated to a 5. The doctor said with the progression we should deliver. We asked if we could have one more day to talk with our kids and get my bag from the house. He said it should be fine because I really want having many hard contractions.
At 6 am Friday morning we arrived at the hospital for monitoring and preparation for surgery. Everything went smoothly and they started the c section at 730. Our babies were born.
7:58 Baby A (Boy) 4 pounds 7 ounces
7:59 Baby B (Girl) 4 pounds
8:00 Baby C (Girl) 4 pounds 10 ounces
Baby C was breathing well enough that they wrapped her and brought her to see me before taking her to the NICU, where all the babies ended up.
They immediately intubated A because he had really immature lungs. This is normal for boys to develop more slowly inside. Both girls were on nasal cannula for breathing assistance. I couldn't go see them for several hours until the feeling in my legs returned, and I was able to stand without getting too dizzy. It was frustrating having not even seen my babies at all. I felt very removed from the process. Finally I was able to go for a visit, and I was ecstatic! I was able to hold both girls one at a time. It was amazing!!! They are all so little.
Today is Saturday, and when we went to the NICU to see our babies, a few things had changed. Baby B (our smallest) is doing the best. She is still on the nasal cannula, but she is in the NICU level 2. All the babies start in NICU level 3. I was able to hold her again today for a while. She is so little, but such a strong fighter. Baby A has not changed much. They still have him on the ventilator, but his level of assistance is dropping little by little. Today and last night they were having a little trouble stabilizing his blood sugars. Baby C, our biggest, had to be intubated this morning. She was just struggling so hard and they decided to give her a break and give her some surfactant for her lungs. She should be doing better within the next couple days.
I am doing great. I'm healing just fine and have almost gone wireless! I expect to be here in the hospital for a few more days.
I know you have all been waiting with baited breath for names. Well, our goal today was to settle on a name for each of our special blessings.
Baby A Preston Sterling Talbot
Baby B Kira Ann Talbot
Baby C Kinsley Ann Talbot
Preston
Kira
Kinsley







They are beautiful!!! Glad you are doing well and cant wait for those babies to go home ( hopefully sooner than later)!! Congrats!!!!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE their names and they are so cute!! I am so happy for you guys!!
ReplyDeleteLove their Names! They are Beautiful and Handsome Of course for Preston :) So glad everyone is hangin in there! So exciting I seriously have tears of Joy in my eyes!! Love to you all and prayers sent your way!
ReplyDeleteThey are absolutely beautiful! So glad that things are progressing well with babies and with mommy! Thank you for sharing such precious pictures. :-)
ReplyDeleteGREAT NEWS? WE ARE FOLLOWING EVERYTHING FROM ARUBA AND ARE SO EXITED FOR YOU. YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS. LOVE, RICK AND JANNELLE.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Jared and Kimber,
ReplyDeleteOur prayers have been answered and you have been richly rewarded. The ward is buzzing with excitement and looking forward to what ever they can offer to assist. Bishop & Nancy Williams
Congratulations and three beautiful babies. They are adorable and you are amazing to have carried them so long. I love their names too. You rest and build up your strength for what is ahead. I can hardly wait to hold them. Chris Jensen
ReplyDeleteWhat cuties! Congratulations three times over!!
ReplyDeleteThree darling babies - Congratulations Kimber and Jared. We look forward to meeting them.
ReplyDeleteBecky and Ray Kelley
They are BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to meet them. :)
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you all. They are adorable! I hope you are all able to leave the hospital soon. Congratulations. :)
ReplyDelete