It was some odd, abby-normal hour of the morning (if you could call it morning) and I was up feeding the babies. I was feeding Preston and Kinsley with Kira next in line. Kinsley was upset with something and was screaming so loudly that I was surprised the entire house didn't wake up. Kira was done waiting her turn and was approaching the time where her body eats her stomach for protein and satiety. Kira let out her death defying scream in harmony with Kinsley to produce a very discordant tune. Even though I was still under control, I just felt overwhelmed and thought I was nearing the end of my rope. I looked at Preston, finished with his meal. He let out a simple smile that seem to tell me a little secret. It was as if he was told earlier, before he came into this world, that my job, our job as parents was going to be extremely challenging, and at times, just plain laughable. It was as if he was reminded of this knowledge and gave a smile to say, "oh, that's what they were talking about." "It does seem a bit noisy"

aw he is cute. i like your insight on your sweet baby... so glad you are writing this down so you wont forget that cute little smile. im sure smiles like that make all of the feedings worth it.
ReplyDeletehe is such an amazing little guy!
ReplyDelete