I went to the specialist doc today and I am doing so awesome! All the babies are perfect and growing. They didn't measure this week, but said everything looks so good. I'm 29 weeks, and measure already at more than full term (for one baby). It is getting harder to get around and up and down, but I am impressed with how well my body is handling the added stress of the extra babies.
So lets start at the beginning of this week. We went to the hospital to have our first of weekly monitoring. So basically that means we went in and they put a heart doppler monitor on each baby and listened to the heart beat for 20-30 min. This sound like it would be easy, but it took a total time of about 2 hours. First we had to find each baby, and then they would move. However, the hardest thing for me was the way I was sitting! for some reason I started to get sick, and I couldn't roll on my side because they needed access to my belly. I ended up vomiting and almost passing out before they rolled me over to the other side and I was fine. It was strange. I have not gotten sick in months. I guess the added weight on my blood return vessels was too much, or maybe it was the way the babies were sitting. I have not felt that way before or since, no matter how I am sitting or laying down. Well, we finally got that done, and then they gave me a steroid shot. OUCH! It is my first steroid shot and it is a round of 2 shots given 24 hours apart. Lucky for me, they let us take home the second dose and Jared shot me at home the next day. Hopefully I wont have to get more. They will give me another round if I start having early labor and they think the babies will come too early. But as my body is awesome, and we are not delivering until between 36-37 weeks (full term for a single baby is 40 weeks), we might not even need them then.
Today we had our specialist appointment, and it was quick and relatively painless. I don't love the pelvic exam, I guess it is one of those necessary evils. :) I have one at least every 2 weeks, and every time it is the same. "You are AWESOME!" (which is always nice to hear...)
Here is a pic of me at 29 weeks.
Im starting to have a hard time finding shirts that cover my belly all the way, so if you see a little skin in the future Im sorry, and doing my best. :)

Kimber, you are doing awesome! You are just meant to be a spectacular mom! I wish I lived closer to you :) every time you post I am so glad to hear you are well... Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand the heart monitoring. I got sick during my ultrasounds and once admitted to the hospital had non-stress tests twice a day for 7 weeks and had the same problem every time. Glad to hear you're doing so well. Hope you make it awhile longer and have big strong babies!
ReplyDeleteYou are Beautiful and AWESOME!!! Way to keep those babies growing! Call me if you need anything I'm just down the street!
ReplyDeletemuch love,
LES
I love the pic! you are so cute!
ReplyDeleteYou really are awesome and doing a great job taking care of you and your babies!
Love you!